Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not Another Hat

Well, I've done it again. I've finished another hat for my Mom. This one is just like the other two but in Cotton-Ease violet. I think this is the last hat I'm going to make for my Mom for a while so you guys won't have to look at any more pictures of it anytime soon. On a side note, she is doing well and still has all her hair at this point. But with all these hats, she is very well prepared.

I've been plugging away at my Silk Shrug. I'm about 20 or so rows away from starting on the body. My goal is to be working on the body by next weekend so I can take it to the track with me while I'm watching my boyfriend's first race of the year. At least that will be my excuse for when I sit on the couch knitting instead of cleaning the house :)

Even though I'm in the midst of the shrug, I've already started thinking about my next project. Actually, I'm going on a trip to Thailand in about a month and need something more portable to take with me on the very long plane ride (about 18 hours). I decided to look for a simple cabled scarf pattern so that I could learn a new technique. I was stumbling around Knitty and came across Elbac. It seems like a good project to try and tackle. Now I just have to decide on what yarn to use. I will probably cast-on and start the project before I leave so that I kind of know what I'm doing. Otherwise I might end up throwing my yarn across the plane in a moment of frustration!

No comments: