Sunday, January 13, 2008

First Finish of the Year



A couple of weeks before the end of 2007, my friend Liz told me that she wanted to learn how to knit. I got to thinking about how long it had been since I picked up my knitting needles. I ventured to the craft store after work and picked up a couple of skeins of Rio de la Plata yarn. I just wanted something simple that would "get my feet wet" and chose a lovely yarn with pale pink, fuscia, red, and blue-violet. Now, all I can think about is knitting. Other projects lay forgotten in my living room.

So, I have officially finished my first project of the year! It is a simple knitted garter stitch scarf made with the hand-spun, hand-dyed wool from Rio de la Plata. The colors really make this scarf look nice. I started this project in mid-December (around the 18th I think) and finished it on January 12th. That's probably slow compared to others out there, but pretty fast for this beginning knitter.

The inaugural wearing of the scarf was to San Francisco and Cobb's Comedy Club to see Joe Rogan for my boyfriend's birthday. I am pleased to say that not only was the show great, but my neck stayed warm the entire night!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

The scarf looks great on you! It looks very warm and cozy. You did a wonderful job with it! I was impressed, and I'm sure Joe Rogan was too. :)

Kieu Ly said...

Wow, from a female point of view, I'd have to say it looks fabulous as well. You'll have to wear it to work one day to show it off. Purple always looks great on you! Thumbs up!