Saturday, January 12, 2008

My First Post!

Ok, here we go! I've been a little reluctant to join the blogging world. Mostly because I don't know if I really have anything interesting to say, but in the spirit of starting fresh for the new year, here I am. I am hoping that documenting my progress on various projects will encourage me to finish up all the projects I have started and to try new and exciting things.

My Great-Grandmother was the person who really introduced me to the crafting world. There was nothing she couldn't do and she was always doing something! When I was very young she taught me how to crochet and since then I've moved on to various other crafts. To date, I have dabbled in cross stitch, needlepoint, hardanger, crochet, and my newest adventure knitting. There are probably some others that I'm forgetting at the moment :)

I belong to a chapter of the EGA (Embroiderer's Guild of America) called the Marin Golden Threads. There is such a vast knowledge of crafting within the group that I have learned many things since joining.

So, here starts my adventure. I will post again soon and talk about the latest project to grab my attention, a simple knitted scarf.

No comments: