Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Casting On

Casting on is all I seem to be able to do lately. A co-worker told me that his wife was expecting and I cast-on for a baby blanket. I wanted a simple project to take with me to the knitting night at Llama Llama Knit so I cast-on for a scarf. What I should be doing is finishing my Mom's Christmas present and various other holiday projects I have going on.

The baby blanket I started is called the Round or Pinwheel Baby Blanket. I wanted something fairly simple but also interesting to look at. When I remembered that I had a couple of skeins of TLC Baby in my closet, I decided what the heck! The color is called naptime and is a mix of white and pastel yellow, blue, green and pink. I've really only worked on it a couple of nights, but I think it's looking pretty good. I'm not all that comfortable working with DPN's so I thought this would give me a good opportunity to practice. I want to learn how to make sock so I should get used to it :)

I have to confess that I've had my eye on the other new project I've started for a while. I love making scarves. They're quick, fun and it's great to wear different ones during the winter. When I saw My So Called Scarf, I knew I had to make it. I absolutely love the pattern and the color. I noticed the Manos del Uruguay yarn in the local knitting store and it was destiny. Instead of working the pattern with the wool it called for, I substituted the silk blend in the Wildflowers colorway. There's a long way to go on this one because I've only finished a couple of rows.



As for the knitting I should be working on, I'm almost halfway done with my Mom's Christmas present. For the time being, I'm going to keep that one a secret just in case she starts reading the blog.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

All your projects look and feel so great!! You have such a great eye for color and patterns! :)