Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is that a sleeve???


So, what did everyone do last Sunday? I'll tell you what I did. I slept in, made breakfast for my boyfriend and I, and then sat down to watch the Daytona 500. Now, I'm not a huge racing fan, but my boyfriend is and sometimes I like watching the races with him. And, I have to admit that the last couple of laps were pretty exciting watching Tony Stewart come so close to winning!

Of course, while he was glued to the TV, I pulled out my knitting bag to play with my yarn. I had knit two gauge swatches to decide which size needles to use for the Silk Shrug. I pulled them both out and I sat, with ruler in hand, counting my stitches as the Car of Tomorrow zoomed around the track. All of a sudden, I realized that there was no need for the second swatch (size 6 needles). My first swatch (size 5 needles) had the correct number of stitches! Instead of waiting, I could have started the sweater almost a week earlier.

Needless to say, I cast on that very night and here is my progress so far. It may not look like it, but this is the beginning of the first sleeve. I'm already starting to increase stitches going up the arm and can hardly wait to see what it will look like. I know it will take a while for me to finish, but right now I'm like a kid in a candy store. All I want is more, more, more!

No comments: