Saturday, April 2, 2011

At the Con!

I spent the past weekend in San Francisco at WonderCon 2011. And yes, I did bring my knitting! While my husband was perusing tables full of comic books and action figures, I had my GoKnit Pouch attached to my belt looop and a vanilla sock in my hands. I caught many people staring at me and one man told me that he had never seen anyone knitting a sock before at WonderCon. He obviously didn't see me last year :)

I finished the first of my pair of vanilla socks during a panel with Rainn Wilson (Dwight) from The Office. He was promoting his new film Super and answered lots of questions from the audience. It was definitely one of the best panels I've seen there.


My sock is made from Berroco Sox Metallic and I'm following a pattern from Wendy D. Johnson's book "Socks From the Toe Up." It's the Slip Stitch Heel Basic Sock pattern which so far seems like it fits me really well. I haven't worn the socks for an entire day yet, but my stroll around the room went well.


Even at WonderCon I was able to find some knitting. There was one artist booth selling handknit wrist warmers and hats and another booth selling needle felted creatures. The needle felting booth was Woolbuddy and you could purchase either a kit or a completed animal. I must admit that I took a small owl kit home with me. The directions seem pretty easy so I'm hoping this little guy will go together pretty quickly.


No comments: