Sunday, January 25, 2009

Takin' it Back

Every once in a while I see a project that I love, but seems totally over my head. I saw the Rain Forest Afghan pattern a couple of years ago and it stuck in my head. The bright colors drew me in and I'm a sucker for cute little animals.

Then one day, I decided I had to make this. I must have been feeling good that day to think I could tackle a project this large. All of my projects seem to take forever to finish. Don't get me wrong, when I actually finish a project, it feels great, like I can do anything! And that feeling is probably why I got involved in this project in the first place.

I found out that the pattern was out of print so the search began. I looked on eBay for a couple of weeks and I finally got lucky. My pattern and fabric arrived and then reality set it. The pattern calls for as much as eleven skeins of embroidery floss for each color!

I decided the best thing was to jump in so I got started. And this is my progress so far. Look at those piddly little stitches in the corner of the first square! What have I done to myself?

2 comments:

Ryan said...

This will keep you busy! So far it looks great! I'm predicting a completion date of 2011? :)

Unknown said...

I am truly impressed and am thinking you may beat me and finish before I finish that tree skirt I started years ago. Love the pattern.