Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year

It's that time of year again when people all over make their New Year's resolutions. Lists of things that need to get done, things to learn in the upcoming year, goals on weight loss, and the things we think will make us a better person. My list is pretty short this year, especially since there's a small wedding thrown in there too. Here are some of mine:

1. De-clutter my house, especially the spare bedroom which is just a little bit embarrassing now

2. Regularly back up my computer hard drive

3. Keep up with the blog, at least once per week

4. Learn to knit socks

5. Spin one pound of fiber on my drop spindle

6. Finish at least three UFO's

Now with those in mind, here is my latest project. After finishing my Christmas knitting (the last of which I should be able to show everyone next week), I decided to start a new sweater for myself. This is the beginnings of Wicked in Lana Grossa Soffice, colorway 012. The yarn is a mixture of merino wool, cashmere, and acrylic which is very soft. It should make for a very cozy sweater. Unfortunately, the yarn is discontinued. I just happened to purchase ten balls of it at a warehouse sale last summer.

I'm still resting up after the holidays and preparing to go back to work on Monday. I did get some fiber related Christmas presents from my fiance, three gorgeous spindles to keep my hands busy.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and Happy New Year!!

Up next ....... spindles galore :)

No comments: